My pen-name is ‘Owen Law’ (real name: Nicholas Davies.) I’m a science fiction writer specialising in dystopian/apocalyptic visions of the future. I’m from Shropshire, England (on the borders with Wales) and I’m in my early forties. I have a background in public services and training. I’ve been working on my first set of novels, Dragon Line, for several years. I’ve also written several short stories, one of which you can find on this blog (‘Matilda Leviathan‘).
I now live on the border of Shropshire and Wales, not far from my home town of Shrewsbury. My interests include writing (of course!), current affairs and environmental issues. My biggest concern, at present, are the issues of Climate Change, resource depletion and global instability – subjects which are hotly debated albeit controversial.
This blog is about me and the Dragon Line series. It provides a forum to air my views and record my progress in relation to the novel’s creation. I’ve also focussed on trying to bring the issues that form the background to the novel to the fore. I think that now, more than any time, is when we should be debating these matters and possibly taking action to deal with them.
Inside this blog, you will find:
- An insight into the Dragon Line’s subject matter;
- Out-takes from the first two novels, including stuff not included (or not intended to be included) in the final versions;
- Updates, news and articles in relation to Climate Change and current affairs;
- Updates on the progress of the novel;
- An example of one of the short stories I have been working on, as well as a link to my ‘Climate Tales‘ website where you can find out more about my e-book on Kindle;
- Links to other related sites of interest.
I hope you enjoy reading my blog and also that it whets your appetite to read the book itself (hopefully either fully published or available as a downloadable e-book sometime in the near future!)
If you have any feedback, suggestions or ideas you’d like to share with me, then please feel free to leave me a comment!
To check out my Author Profile on Amazon, click here.